Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Art in Action Weekend 29 April 2006


This picture shows my setup in the corner of Philosophy House before the public arrived. A good weekend except for the weather. People had interesting questions with a lot of interest shown in the Stamp series I have done. The painting on the easel is further ahead at the time of posting but still not finished. I didn't manage to complete a lot on the weekend but the aim wasn't to complete it but have something interesting going on for the public. A harp maker and bone carver were the other occupants of my room so listening to harp music both days was really nice and the bone carver drew a large crowd. I hung 22 paintings within the complex as did the other Artists, but failed to sell any .... I think people came to view artist technique rather than buy, at least that's what I'm telling myself! Still a great weekend... I would do it again if the opportunity arose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home